New Years Resolutions Range from Getting Healthy to Traveling More.
What does success look like?
If this is still to tough to accomplish, break the month down into four mini one week challenges. These are easier to accomplish and more rewarding.
Weekly Goal Example:
#1 Research The Hobby
Research the hobby in every way possible. Talk to experts, go to the library, visit somewhere relevant to the hobby.
#2 Learn The Hobby
Obviously there are online resources like YouTube, Instructables, and Pinterest. However think of non-traditional ways to learn the hobby. Rent a How-to video, Go to a hardware store and talk to an expert, visit a library, join a industry specific group.
#3 Try The Hobby
- Now is the time to dig in deep. Take everything you learned from step one and two, now apply it.
- Push through any frustrations
- If it looks bad – Finish it anyways
- The best way to learn is to fail
#4 Share The Hobby
- This is the most important part of these steps. If you don’t celebrate your failures and successes then you will fell unfulfilled, like this is a pointless act.
- Unfiltered critique of your project is key. It helps you learn.
- Don’t get mad at comments made. Internalize them as a learning lesson and apply it to the next months project.
While becoming an expert with these one month hobby experiments is difficult, but it lays the groundwork for further exploration.
Top Five Resolutions 2017